items in LAML More in LAML pool
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arctuc SISU NA-110

Posted by TheQ 
Arctuc SISU NA-110
May 03, 2009 04:07PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3310/3496242269_8ba4a816e3_m.jpg

Sisu NA-110 is (according to Wikipedia) articulated all-terrain transport that is mostly used in the Finnish Army. I have few personal experiences with this machine fron my own military time. "Teka" or "rickety-rack-box" is rather nice vehicle that moves in the Finnish forest quite nicely smashing bushes and small trees as it goes.

Last year I built TT-75 (WIP threads here and here) which was my first "better" TECHNIC creation. While it was rather OK for me, it's slowness and few technical details made me mad. I decided that my next TECHNIC creations should be fast, agile and "fool proof". I first tried to make a small rally car but the scale I chose proved to be wrong choice: I simply didn't have space for proper inner workings...

Well, after rally car/Eagle 3 went back to drawing board, I wanted to try something else. Our LUGs first public show at Model Expo 2009 was coming along quickly and I chose to complete my creation by then. After watching some old pictures at my Flickr-account, I noticed the picture I took from real "tekas". Teka's design looked rather straight-forward and most importantly, it had inner space to fit Power Functions-parts inside. After few R&D weeks, I was making the creation quickly and I was able to complete before the Expo.

More pictures at Flickr and Brickshelf (after moderation).

PS: I am very proud of the teka's steering, which is really similar to the one used in the real thing smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2009 03:25PM by TheQ.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010