Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Press Release: Neo Classic Space

Posted by Jamit 
Press Release: Neo Classic Space
February 27, 2009 04:17PM
James Shields sent me this today:

Quote:
March 2009 sees the 30th anniversary of the original Classic Space sets from LEGO. Now, three decades on, it’s time for a celebration of spacey goodness at www.neoclassicspace.com.

Neo-Classic Space is a reimagining of the LEGO Classic Space range, using modern building techniques and parts. More than just inspired by the Classic Space sets, Neo-Classic Space is an extrapolation of the line into the 21st century and beyond. We aim to follow a carefully thought standard, which we feel is in keeping with the original designs.

The culmination of a top-secret project planned over many months, www.neoclassicspace.com will present a new model every day throughout March, many from builders you already know and love, some from new talent you may not have discovered.

This is only the beginning. It is time to retake space. We hope you'll come along for the ride!

Looks like a well designed site. The one thing it is missing for me is an RSS feed.

[radio.laml.org]
Anonymous User
Re: Press Release: Neo Classic Space
March 17, 2009 11:44AM
Have any of you been keeping up on this site? Its really very good. I must say that for some reason Day 12 is my favorite so far. There is jsut somethign so cool about that loader putting the missles onto the small interceptor. The photography on this site has been exceptional. I am very impressed with what they have been doing, I wonder if someone could do a castle themed site like this? Daily updates and all. Good work to them over there and if you haven't been keeping up on the site give it a look.
Jason
March 17, 2009 05:11PM
I've got the blog plugged into my RSS reader, its amazing to see so many awesome creations on a regular basis. I don't know if its possible for me to pick a favorite day, they have all been top notch. But the LL-989 'Wildfire' sticks out for me.

We will be doing an interview with the blog creator in April for an interview recap. I can't wait to talk with him about it.

[radio.laml.org]
Anonymous User
March 20, 2009 03:48PM
Oh man the LL-989 is a amazing build, I really wish that the new space sets were reflecting that sort of a feeling and design. Not that I don't like the upcoming space stuff its just these models are so fantastic and "old is new" feeling. Great pick!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010