February 18, 2009 09:19PM
Some awesome pictures of this awesome set were just released:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/3290034467_28003099ef_o.jpg

Eurobricks
Classic-Castle

[radio.laml.org]
Re: 10194 Emerald Night Train
February 22, 2009 11:11PM
I have got to get one of these it is an absolutely superb release for Train theme.
I have to wait until April though.

The colour of the Loco is really smart and the Tan windows in the coach are really good

I wonder if a range of coaches will be released eventually.
April 09, 2009 10:18PM
I help a mate out with a plumbing job on his central heating an fixed it a couple of weeks ago. I did not want anything for helping him out as he is a good mate. One of the ones you can count on one hand.
He has ordered TWO Emerald Night Trains for me an was very insistant in doing so.
How good it is to have a mate like that.
April 09, 2009 10:21PM
Oh man, I'm jealous as heck!

What type of track will you be using with it? Will you be spending the extra money for the flexible track?

[radio.laml.org]
April 15, 2009 12:17PM
I really can not wait until they arrive. I use the old 9-Volt track as I think it looks the best. The issue of powering the train can be overcome by using a 9-Volt motor bogie or using one of the 9 Volt PP3 batteries boxes or even an RCX in a baggage car.
I had the opportunity to stroke a real one at The Brickish Association AGM at Sheffield England last weekend. I think the new battery pack and the new track from Lego are somewhat going in wrong direction, as it is far too expensive for what they are.
The design of the locomotive is really good. It has been designed buy some one or a group who understand train building. It has a look of a British A3 class with a German touch. The things that keeps a 58 Year old AFOL happy. They might even come today with the Post Man.
April 15, 2009 01:08PM
Flexible track is wrong direction? I disagree. When you look back at what kind of modifications Trainheads have made to their 9v tracks, majority of them include hacking the 9v track in smaller units. Flexible track looks like a nice piece to work with and it will hopefully make the track designing more interesting.

Has anyone checked how steep can the steepest track curve be with the flexible track?
April 28, 2009 03:21PM
Wow I have received the TWO Emeral Night Trains that my pal got for me I have built one of them. It certanly is a very good model and really looks the part.

I am missing the podcasts Jason. I hope you are OK and they will return soon. I think one show per week is fine as it give me and no doubt others something good to look forward to.
July 16, 2009 12:03PM
Hi James
I believe you are not in to trains but I came across this

[www.flickr.com]

This guy is a realy good builder man he has some talent.

as I am fortunate to have two Emerald Nights I am going to have a go at it.
July 18, 2009 11:23AM
The 4-6-2 2-6-4 Garrat was build by [www.flickr.com] useing two Emerald Nights

From the picture I have managed to build 80% so far

Lego Trains forever !!

It would look good steaming through a Castle?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010