Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LEGO Disney

Posted by Jamit 
LEGO Disney
February 15, 2009 10:27PM
Quote:
MarketWatch
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Walt Disney Co. said Sunday it has signed a multi-year licensing agreement with Denmark's privately held Lego Group, giving the toy maker access to Disney and Disney Pixar properties. Disney didn't disclose how much the deal was worth but said Lego products are currently in development for three franchises -- Disney Pixar's "Toy Story" and "Cars," and "Prince of Persia" -- all scheduled to launch in 2010. End of Story

[www.marketwatch.com]{EDF0DE07-041F-4E53-BD73-A468AC1E8B34}

This is an interesting deal, hopefully they will do some good Disney classic and not just the crap Pixar stuff.

[radio.laml.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2009 10:29PM by Jamit.
Re: LEGO Disney
February 20, 2009 11:56AM
Prince of Persia theme is the first theme ever that has been inspired by video game. All geeks around the globe, let's celebrate!
February 20, 2009 02:08PM
I guess The Force Unleashed sets don't count?

[radio.laml.org]
February 20, 2009 09:41PM
Isn't the Rogue Shadow only set that comes straight from that game? If that is so, then my argument that Prince of Persia is first theme that comes from video games =P
February 21, 2009 12:13AM
True. Though, we don't yet know how many sets will come form this game, do we? winking smiley

Have you ever played this game?

[radio.laml.org]
February 21, 2009 01:44PM
Prince of Persia? I played it a bit back in the 90s but haven't checked out the never versions like Sands of Time. Action games aren't really my cup of tea.

I am guessing that every set that is published will come from the new movie, not the game series. But perhaps in the future we can see more themes from the video game world, especially if the Halo lisence works well for the MegaBloks. Althought I am rather sure that it won't really work out.
February 21, 2009 05:29PM
That Halo line is the worse looking Megabloks theme I have ever seen. Don't they already have Halo action figures? Why do they need more. Still, I know a few "LEGO fans" who will be picking a couple up, so it might work. Maybe.

But really, I don't think that LEGO and video games cross over well. The target age for LEGO is 6-11 I believe, and I doubt that many teenagers/adults will put away the video games to get into LEGO. Two different niches.

[radio.laml.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010