www.flickr.com
items in LAML More in LAML pool
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LEGO Merchandise

Posted by Jamit 
LEGO Merchandise
February 14, 2009 10:16PM
Lately my RSS reader has been flooded with stories about LEGO merchandise. First it was the LEGO camera, then the board game, now we are getting a LEGO cell phone. What next, a camcorder? Oh, wait...

I'm not sure if its just me, but I can't see a LEGO cell phone having any chance at success. If your given the choice between Blackberry, iPhone, or LEGO, what are you going to pick? No one in their right mind would trust a LEGO phone. As an example of this, I have a LEGO pen (two, actually) and I love them. But whenever I need to do some actual writing, I never use a LEGO pen. Its a piece of good looking junk and just doesn't work very well.

These electronic items LEGO is making are a huge mistake.

/rant over

[radio.laml.org]
Re: LEGO Merchandise
February 20, 2009 11:54AM
TLG isn't making them, as far as I have understood, they are selling rights to use their company brand. They are the ones that make money even if no-one buys those merchandises.

Oh and James, Blackberry and iPhones aren't phones anymore, they are portable computers winking smiley I don't really trust those kind of phones since they seem to focus so much on purely non-phone related things. I want my phone to work well and with as small battery consumption.

And of course I use Nokia phones, Nokia is finnish company winking smiley
February 20, 2009 02:11PM
Sorry to tell you this Q, but the day that your phone was just a phone is going... going... There it goes! Soon, you won't have a choice.

Personally, I don't want to ever own a cell phone myself. I think they are just a lot of extra noise in your life that don't help at all. But, I digress.

[radio.laml.org]
Anonymous User
March 17, 2009 11:53AM
I agree with you here James but if you HAD to have a cell phone wouldn't you want one with studs?
Anonymous User
April 10, 2009 09:39PM
usul45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree with you here James but if you HAD to have
> a cell phone wouldn't you want one with studs?

At least they could make one that had studs that you could put real LEGO pieces on? I mean, come on! This is going to be (and you can quote me) a piece of plastic crap that nobody will want! It probably won't even be ABS! Yeah, TLC comes out ahead anyhow, but is the loss of their good name the price they want to pay for their bottom line? eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2009 07:41PM by txtxtx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010