www.flickr.com
items in LAML More in LAML pool
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Host Down?

Posted by Jamit 
Host Down?
August 17, 2008 02:21AM
I noticed that our server was down for sometime this afternoon and it was a real pain. Any idea what caused this?

[radio.laml.org]
Re: Host Down?
August 17, 2008 02:38PM
The host got new servers, might have something to do that. I myself cannot always get to forum (LAML nor Palikkatakomo) first time but if I hit refresh, I get in.

Let's wait sometime and see if the problem gets any worse. Neobitti has been generally rather OK host.
August 18, 2008 03:47AM
You panic too easily.

My PC is acting weird now. That is what you should panic over winking smiley
August 19, 2008 01:55AM
Well, that was my next topic! winking smiley

We do need some graphics for these forums, such as LEGO emotions. Any one know where we can get some of MasterG's ones that he did? Are they still online?

[radio.laml.org]
August 19, 2008 09:06PM
Well... Now the podcast seems to be down. Any ideas?

AHHHHHHH!

[radio.laml.org]
August 20, 2008 02:18AM
Quote:
laml.org/home
Error establishing a database connection

Fail!

As for the Smiles, I have some ones I did a while ago... Not online but I'll upload one. If you like, I'll upload more! But I think it is in photobucket... I'll take a look..
August 20, 2008 02:37AM
Yeah, this is totally screwed up. All you get when you try to access the blog is a blank white page. I've searched for info on Google and have gotten about 10 different suggestions but not one has done anything. I've tried reinstalling, upgrading, and anything else I could think of. Nothing!

Q, I think your going to have to get in contact with the server for this one... And please do it ASAP!

[radio.laml.org]
August 20, 2008 06:27AM
So I've been doing some more testing and this seems to be a WordPress specific problem. I tried a different blog program and it worked, so this is specific to wordpress. Having said that, laml.org/home is still working fine...

My guess is that we've run into problems with the PHP Memory limit, which is surprising because from what I can see we have 64mb avalible. I will look into this some more...

[www.narfstuff.co.uk]

[radio.laml.org]
August 20, 2008 09:22AM
Is there an option to go back to custom Phorum blog? Or do you want to find a new blog program?
August 20, 2008 03:40PM
Well... It is back up again. But what really, really sucks about all this is I have NO IDEA what the problem was and how it was solved... sad smiley

[radio.laml.org]
August 21, 2008 01:22PM
RAM is the "working memory" the server uses. Perhaps they were running few extra RAM-eating processes on other sites other than LAML.org.
August 23, 2008 02:32AM
OK, I think I've figured out what the problem is. I believe one of the plugins makes it now work. I'm not 100% sure but we will find out very soon.

[radio.laml.org]
August 23, 2008 03:52AM
TheQ, could you please send our server a question asking what the current limit is for radio.laml.org and if it would be possible for them to expand that? Asking won't hurt nothing... They have a contact page on their website.

[radio.laml.org]
August 26, 2008 05:03AM
Have you emailed them yet?

[radio.laml.org]
August 26, 2008 10:08AM
James, I horribly busy with packing up my stuff at home and doing paper work. Give me a day or two.
August 26, 2008 12:58PM
Okey, I contacted the hosting company. It has something to do with Zend Optimizer for PHP version 5. That means it is server side problem. They are still looking in to it but it is certain that RAM hasn't get anything to do with our problems.

If it keeps getting more and more frequent, there is always an option to try another blog program.
August 29, 2008 04:14AM
Would you be able to send out a quick email asking them when this problem might be fixed? If it is a long term issue I'll have to set up a temporary static site to serve up when this happens...

[radio.laml.org]
August 30, 2008 09:13PM
[sarcasm]A temporary site with a link to Rick Roll should do the trick. . .[/sarcasm]

But we can have a wotking forum if the host is always like this. . It eas never like this before.
August 30, 2008 10:46PM
It is not the phorum that is messed up, it is the Wordpress.

Now I am getting 500 error. That's something new.
August 30, 2008 11:43PM
Oh. . . So it is Wordpress or radio.laml.org itself?
August 31, 2008 03:31AM
WordPress is currently the most popular blogging platform on the internet and perhaps the most popular CMS as well. It is not WordPress that is messed, it is our servers. But once they reply to the email you sent out today Q we should be able to move forward.

[radio.laml.org]
August 31, 2008 12:06PM
Okey, I fixed the 500 error, I think.

The problem was that /radio folder was writable by others, in other words, the "chmod" value was 777 where it should have said 755, ie "only writable by user".

James, if you get some odd errors, go to the cpanel and "error log".
September 01, 2008 01:29AM
Thanks Q. That time it would have been my fault...

[radio.laml.org]
September 01, 2008 08:45AM
Heh, no problems.
September 02, 2008 03:38AM
"Warning: fopen(/tmp/0f910cfa135737ad75e35383f6dcd35a/mod_forumstats/4681/51a6/005c/0ac0/aafb/eb25/e995/e0e2/data.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/lamlorg/public_html/forum/include/cache/file.php on line 110

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/lamlorg/public_html/forum/include/cache/file.php on line 111

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/lamlorg/public_html/forum/include/cache/file.php on line 112"

^ What is that? ^
September 04, 2008 02:16PM
Cache seems to be needed to chmodded..

It screws the forum stats module. I cannot do much now when I don't have good connection to internet (read: I need to go to library or university in order to get online..).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010