July 30, 2008 08:08PM
You know, something like this...

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/reepblue/LEGO/lamllogo1.png
Re: LAML.org
August 03, 2008 06:44AM
Err... Bump? What do you think? /\
August 03, 2008 01:41PM
I think James is WAY too busy with the Crazy August Event..

Hold on for few days, Reep.
August 03, 2008 08:02PM
Actually, I'm not that busy to not respond to this. I just didn't realize that we had hit two pages already. For me that looks closer to what I would want but it also looks like the LAMLradio logo and people might have a hard time separating them. I think if we are to have an image with this logo it needs to be a new one.

[radio.laml.org]
August 04, 2008 12:11AM
How come it is bad that it is similar to a logo that people already know? LAMLRadio is a show from LAML. It would be rather silly if they both would be totalldy different?

Blue background with white lining seems like a good colorscape for us. Might want to add one color more there, tho (we had orange for a long time there as well?).
August 04, 2008 02:26AM
Quote:
TheQ
How come it is bad that it is similar to a logo that people already know? LAMLRadio is a show from LAML. It would be rather silly if they both would be totalldy different?
Yes, that would be silly. But I don't think that they should be the same either. I would have a hard time separating that logo from the LAMLradio one. And right now we just have orange and white on LAML.org site, no blue... We of course can change that, but still worth pointing out.

I would like a white background to the image so that it has a "clean" look to it. Of course there are many other colours that can work if done well, but that would be my suggestion. For me, I still like this style:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2702872754_1e7d0a8e7b.jpg?v=0
But perhaps that is too far from the radio style.

[radio.laml.org]
August 06, 2008 01:20AM
Right now I'm uploading Joomla to our server to see if that could be used as a CMS for news. I think it could.

Q, is there a way to upgrade our bandwidth space and how much would it cost? I could pay for it if its reasonable. Having more space would be very freeing to do more of what we want to do.

[radio.laml.org]
August 06, 2008 04:00AM
Quote:
Jamit
Q, is there a way to upgrade our bandwidth space and how much would it cost? I could pay for it if its reasonable. Having more space would be very freeing to do more of what we want to do.

Urr. Don't get carried away... We have much to do before we worry about our limits. Maybe we can ask for donations in the future.

So, the logo is good, Yes? :3 Sorry I was out. I went to Niagara Falls.
August 06, 2008 06:37AM
Reread my post, two above yours...

[radio.laml.org]
August 06, 2008 12:21PM
Extra bandwidth costs 1 € per 1Gb per 1 month.

Yeah, it is expensive.

Erm, James. I doubt the Joomla would do any good for us. Phorum can be used as a "news agency" as well. Downloading Joomla would be rather odd since the Phorum can do just the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 12:29PM by TheQ.
August 06, 2008 02:18PM
Can phorum? I've looked around and I don't see anything of what I'm seeing for Joomla. I'm sure phorum can do basics, but does it have high end templates like Joomla? Can it integrate some of the stuff that Joomla can? I kinda doubt that very much.

[radio.laml.org]
August 06, 2008 06:03PM
High-end templating? Sure, one can modify the phorum template as one likes. I am not sure what you mean by "high-end" but I can make custom template in no time at all.

Integrating is bit tough one. It really depends on what you want to you integrate. Youtube videos and such shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Remember one thing James. Joomla, Mediawiki and Phorum are just fancy ways to get stuff in to a database. Nearly everyone of them works in the same principle, sending the raw data and getting it back. Only real differences are in the extra tools.
August 07, 2008 01:04AM
Quote:
Jamit
Reread my post, two above yours...

:/ Ok? I did not get what you said.
August 07, 2008 05:36AM
My post that was made on August 03, 2008 06:26PM answers your question about the logo...

[radio.laml.org]
August 07, 2008 12:25PM
Ok, so what do you want then?
August 07, 2008 11:27PM
Why don't you wait until the site is set up. Then you can see the style and try to create something that will fit.

[radio.laml.org]
August 08, 2008 07:26AM
K then. I see how it all turns up.
August 08, 2008 07:55AM
Here, you can have the up-to-date preview:

laml.org/home

[radio.laml.org]
August 09, 2008 12:14AM
..... Gray? Not saying I don't like it but it does not match radio.laml.org. Or you are going to switch it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 2 on September 03, 2010
Record Number of Guests: 69 on March 31, 2010